We have a new page on this website, specifically aimed at assisting members and ex-members of the ADF, find support services they may need. Click here!
The next fundraising auction is now open. This one has 18 items up for bids.
A number of vouchers are in this auction – please note expiry dates before bidding.
The link is the same - but here it is again for everyone.
ANZAC DAY 2019
The FUP for the RAR Association and Batallion Associations has changed, we form up on George Street facing west at the cnr of Charlotte Street, step off 1030hrs.
This year, The Navy lead the parade and the 6 RAR Association is No. 52 in the order of march.
Following the ANZAC Day parade, the 6 RAR Association has a booking for 'after march activities' at Harlequin Jack's, above and behind Central Railway Station. Meals and refreshments are available on a PYO basis.
ANZAC DAY COMBINED PARADE COMMITTEE MARCH PROTOCOLS
· The wearing of fraudulent medals and awards are NOT permitted Section 80B(1),(4) of the Defence Act 1903 makes it an offence for a person to wear a service decoration that they are not entitled to wear, or to falsely represent themselves as a person on whom a service decoration was conferred.
· Veterans are to wear full size medals.
· Those WW11 Veterans able to march the full distance of the Parade are welcome to Parade behind their Banner at the front of the parade with one carer or one person of discretionary age.
· Large groups of Descendants wanting to march may only do so behind the banner “Descendants of Veterans All Conflicts” – Please check the Order of March for positioning.
· Those disbanded Units/Ships or Squadrons wishing to Parade their Banner at the front of the Parade may only do so when they have gained approval from the ANZAC Day Combined Parade Committee without descendants – P O Box 45 New Farm Qld 4005
· Pictures of deceased Veterans are NOT permitted to be carried on Parade
· Any livestock, including Dogs MUST have approval from the ADCPC to enter any area of the ANZAC Day Parade – There is NO exception (WHS requirement).
· Children being pushed in pushchairs or carried in slings are a potential OH&S risk and we ask that parents refrain from including them in the Parade.
· Unit Leaders on Parade are responsible for the appearance of those marching with their associations and to stipulate the need to respect the March Protocols as set down by the ADCPC. Copies of the Protocol are available on Parade or prior by visiting www.anzacmarchbrisbane.com.au
· Closed in footwear is a requirement on parade. Those marches that do not comply with this requirement do so at their own risk.
· These protocols are designed to respect the dignity of the occasion.
Phil (Butch) Buttigieg
VP and 6 RAR Association Marshall
A New SECURE Way of Doing Business!
'STAND TO' Subscription now and update your membership details.
We have now adopted a totally secure on-line system which will automate many of our administrative functions. When you follow the link below, you will be taken to the LoveAdmin site. By using your email address as your username, you can create a password and then complete the SECURE data we hold.
Any difficulty, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is now a new Associate Member classification. People in this category are permitted to attend all meetings, will be included in emails regarding what the Association is doing but will have NO VOTING rights at meetings. There is no membership fee for this category. To ensure you all stay informed of events and functions, Teresa Pyne has volunteered to sit on the committee on behalf of the Associate Members, and help out with Minutes. If you have any questions you can contact the Secretary, Graham Smith email@example.com) or Teresa Pyne – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If anyone wants to subscribe to receive the STAND TO magazine produced by the 6 RAR Association, it will now cost $30 which provides a minimum three magazines per year until 2020. If you have stories or poems, or whatever, that you think will be interesting for readers of STAND TO, you are welcome to submit them to the Editor for consideration (Final decision on inclusions is the Editors). You can also email the Editor, Bob Bettany at email@example.com).
Note: Associate members can also use the links above, or if preferred, use the form to register as an Associate Member and to receive STAND TO. (If you want to pay by credit card please note there is a 3.5% levy to cover our PayPal charges). Alternatively, you can use
The President, Ben McDevitt and the 6 RAR Association committee hereby invite you to join our Association as an Associate Member. We look forward to catching up with and meeting you at upcoming events.
Please return all forms to The Secretary (postal address on form or email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
NEW Merchandise Available
Looking for a Lost Mate?
"Our aim is to perpetuate the camaraderie that was generated amongst us when we served."
Join the Association
Note: click the above image to open an application. Print, complete and post same to:
6 RAR Association
PO Box 225
Red Hill Qld 4059